May 23, 2010

More stash-busters

I had an e-mail from Janelle this week regarding the Queensland Creative Craft Retreat. It's still a fair way off - not until November - but it reminded me of my promise to make lots of little bags for the goodies that are so generously provided to all the participants. Here are some that I have made from the pink cupboard.


It took me half a day to cut out another 30 bags - this time mostly in blues and greens. I've started piecing them together and have turned out 30 handle tubes, so maybe I'll have some photos of completed bags ready for next posting. Meanwhile I am turning over in my mind what project I will teach at the Retreat - so many ideas crowding for attention.  Which one will I choose?????

This week I completed all the templates and instructions for another two projects and they have been posted off to a magazine.  Then another magazine has asked whether they can profile me in an upcoming issue, which is always an honour.

It's bitterly cold weather here now, so it's time for me to hibernate, curl up in front of the airconditioning and stitch! The airconditioning doesn't quite reach to my sewing room, so this week I wheeled the sewing machine cabinet out to the lovely warm family room and prepared my next wall-hanging ready for hand-stitching. Maybe there'll be some sneak peaks soon.

I was browsing through some photos and thought you might like to see a couple of things I made a couple of years ago - so long ago that I had forgotten about them, seeing I don't have the items any more.

This was the first sewing folder I designed:

 

and the inside:



And this was my first ever quilt design:



I was actually quite surprised that it didn't look as bad as I thought it would, looking back now!  In fact, I might do some refining of it (I can see plenty of areas for that!) and revisit it with some fresh fabric.  Mmm...... it could look good in my new Jelly Roll fabric ....

Happy stitching to you too!

Regards
Val


5 comments:

Allie said...

What lovely bags, Val, good idea to get started now - how many will you need total? Congrats on being featured, can't wait to see! Love your sewing folder and your quilt - it's always good to look back at your work, isn't it? That quilt is darling.

quilterfaye said...

Congratulations on being featured in magazine,a nice honour for you but well deserved.What is the magazine? Can I purchase it here in Canada? Great quilt and portfolio. Amazing to look back on things made years ago.

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh those are such nice little bags! The people are going to really appreciate them. I wish I could go to your retreat, I would love to take a class from you. Maybe some day.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Val, that sewing folder is just gorgeous, the fabric is a perfect choice!!! :-)
I am saving your BOM's for "ron" too many ufo's atm, LOL. sandy.

ferne said...

I just came to your site from the InStitches Bingo site and have to tell you how impressed I am with your quilt design! Lovely! Is it for sale?