May 1, 2011

I want fabric like this!

If ever I get opportunity to design a fabric range, I want it to be like this:


deep, rich, gorgeous colour

and this:


lots of texture and sheen

and this:



intricate detail.

It is definitely MY fabric range ... but I don't know whether this fellow will allow me to have the copyright:


We met him, and plenty of his brothers and sisters, when we took our granddaughter to the local zoo.  We had a fabulous day looking at animals in the beautiful setting of a botanical garden cum rainforest. Anita is now back at Uni and we're 'home alone'.  It was so lovely to spend time getting to know her again.

Very little sewing has been done, needless to say, but I can show you a sneak peak of  a project that is complete.





And remember the "What is Love?" free pattern from a couple of years ago?  Ginny from the USA has shared this photo of her lovely version of the design.


I've put a new pattern onto my website.  You might remember "All my lovely sewing things" wallhanging which was featured in Australian Homespun earlier this year.  It's now available for purchase if you are unable to obtain a copy of the magazine.  You will find it here.


The mug rugs pattern I showed you last week are also now on the website.

I hope you have a productive, inspired, creative week.

Regards
Val

6 comments:

Melody said...

Fabulous photos and your sewing as beautiful as ever.

MariƩ du Toit said...

Melody, I hope you will get a chance to design that fabric for us- I will surely buy it!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

What a beautiful peacock! Which zoo did you go to?

Quilt Kitty said...

Beautiful Val. I have brought a charm pack of Breakfast at Tiffanys to use to make All My Lovely Sewing Things - yum! Tracee xx

Allie said...

Well go for it girl, I'd love some fabric like that! So glad you had a good time with your granddaughter. Your sneak peek looks lovely!

Sparky said...

love love love your fav things...every stitch you lovingly put into it..I can feel it...you are such a delight to behold