September 15, 2013

Free BOM - Apples of Gold - Block 9

I have Block 9 in the free Block of the month "Apples of Gold" quilt for you today.


What does a ring in its box have to do with our quilt about Words?
The inspiration for this block comes from Proverbs 20:15:

"Wise words are more valuable than much gold and many rubies."


It's a reminder that there are many things in life much more valuable than precious jewels!

You can download the pattern here.  I'd love to see photos of any of your completed blocks.

Each year I teach at the Creative Craft Retreat that our daughter runs in Spring. I've taught a variety of crafts there - patchwork, embroidery, applique, crochet ...  This year I am teaching Silk Ribbon Embroidery.  I like to combine the embroidery with applique and this is what I have designed for this year - the Garden Nook:


A climbing rose around the birdbath:


 Some delphiniums:


Little red flowers:


and a rose bush:


If you live in South East Queensland, or want to come to visit(!), I recommend the Retreat as a fantastic weekend that you would enjoy.

Spring has sprung here with beautiful weather and an urge for me to get cleaning!  I was very smart this year and paid someone to come and clean my 21 very wide and mostly floor to ceiling windows. I happily quilted a new quilt while someone else did all the work! Tomorrow I'll think about making a start on tackling the rest of the rooms! I'd better do SOME of my own housework!!!

Happy stitching!
Val



6 comments:

Regina vicentini said...

Bom domingo Val!
O 9º bloco ficou lindo e está de acordo com À Palavra do Senhor! Você retratou com justiça!
Grande abraço e Jesus em teu coração!

Regina vicentini said...

Olá Val!
Seus bordados são mimos para o coração das artesãs! Parabéns!

primrosesattic said...

They are so beautiful. I have never tried this before.
Rosezeeta.

Corina said...

thanks for another apples of gold block, and a gorgeous ribbon embroidery, I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Val, that is so gorgeous!, I wish I were in Queensland! I'd so be there. What a wonderful block you are sharing this time, too. I love the symbolism.

Carla Fiedler said...

Thank you for the block design! Best wishes for a successful workshop!