July 13, 2014

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt Pattern 7


I have the next block in the free "Shining Like the Dawn" Block of the Month quilt for you today. It has a great message - very short but full of meaning in our busy world:


You can download the pattern here.

Felt is such a delightful medium to use so when I needed to make a project suitable for a fete, felt was my first thought. I came up with the idea of some embroidered keyrings. Of course they could also be used as a scissor keep or a bag dangle. There's a fan, an icecream and an owl:


The owl was a cover girl!:


You can find the pattern in Handmade Vol 32 No 9 (same magazine as my Chevronetta Table Runner):


If you follow me on Facebook, you might have seen some of the bits and pieces that I've made as part of an interactive children's wall hanging: 


All the parts are removable for play and then can all be put back in place to make a delightful wall hanging:


I've made eight so far in what I have called "My Cupboard" series.  My Kitchen Dresser is probably still my absolute favourite - a fabric tea set:




This one is especially for the boys and includes a tool apron:


So now I'm on to my ninth in the series. It won't take much guessing to work out which room we're in this time!  You can see the rest of My Cupboard series on

Happy stitching!
Val

No comments: