April 11, 2010

Free Pattern - Gifts of Grace Block 3

Another month has whizzed around, so it's time to give you the next block in the free BOM Gifts of Grace.  This lovely gift is "Love".  We are so blessed to be able to receive Love - and to give it!


You may download the free pattern here.  Please e-mail me if you have any problems.

I've attacked some more of my PASSES (Projects at a Stand Still) and have made some more calendars out of cross-stitch pictures.  Here's a lovely flower one:


and some Australian wildflowers:



and this gorgeous little red-capped robin which I photographed on our winter trip last year:


Now, I'll let you into a little secret!  None of these beautiful cross stitches were worked by me.  They were all worked by my DH!  Many years ago, when he needed to do something with his hands for relaxation as a change from his job involving 100% brain power, I taught him to do tapestries, then cross-stitch.  We actually have a number of male friends who do the same, one of them even winning a prize at the Melbourne Royal Easter Show!  It seems that men actually do better tapestries than women as they are able to work more firmly.  Anyway, DH does HEAPS neater work on the back than I ever did and I now leave him to do all the cross stitches in our house.  Not that we keep many - they all seem to end up as gifts.  He takes great pride in his work and I'm glad that what I have done with them here has met with his approval!

Happy Stitching!
Val

12 comments:

Janelle said...

Hi Mum
Those cross-stitch calendars are looking great... love the blue and yellow one!! Still loving your BOM.

Yvonne aka sommeke said...

What a lovely block! Thanks for sharing!
And applaus for your husband!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

The cross stitches look great as calenders - what a good idea!

luv2quilt2 said...

Thank you for the Gift of Grace pattern once again. I wish I could get my husband interested in learning needlework.

Sue from Cyprus said...

What can I say? I am speechless. Your DH is amazing at cross stitch and your BOM.... I'm loving it!

Myra said...

Another lovely BOM block Val! Love it! 8-)

Kelli said...

Thank you for your generosity in giving out the free Gift of Grace patterns. They are so beautiful and knowing they are the gifts of the Spirit is such a wonderful reminder of God's love for us. And your husband does extra-ordinary work!

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Val,
Thank you for another great free BOM design.
Soo very sweet of you.
Happy Creating,
Hugs,
Anna

Allie said...

Oh Val I LOVE the new block [no pun intended!]. These are so beautiful! And how cool is it that your hubby does needle work - he does stunning work! The first flower one just took my breath away. Fabulous!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh my was I surprised that it is your hubby that did those pieces! You know that's good - it's a nice way to relax. Now on to you...oh I love the new block! There's just something about your blocks. I normally do not care much for hearts, but I can't wait to make these. And I've posted about your new block on my blog. Thanks!!!!

Nancy in IN said...

When I clicked the page went to the store where I could buy patterns. I would like the third free block. Thanks

Val Laird said...

You need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the "Download Block xx", then click on that and it will open the pdf file.

Regards
Val