October 13, 2013

Free BOM - Apples of Gold - Block 10

Wow, the year is disappearing fast - so fast, that we are up to Block 10 in the free Block of the Month 
"Apples of Gold" quilt.


Our verse this month is from Proverbs 15:4:

Kind words heal and help; cutting words wound and maim.

Plenty to think about in that verse, isn't there?


You can download the pattern here.  Next month I will give you the final template and instructions for finishing the quilt.  

I have always hated having my photo taken!  For years, I have been the one behind the shutter button so thankfully there aren't too many photos of me around!  However, when a magazine wants to do a profile article on you, a photo is a bit of a necessity!  How do you think I feel then, when this month there are actually TWO magazines with my face on the front cover!!! Thankfully the photo isn't too bad! I showed you Handmade magazine last week, and now my copy of Patchwork & Quilting has arrived:


And the profile article:



The project of mine in the magazine is the Pastel Panache Bed Runner and Cushion.  I really like the old-world romantic fabrics.  The addition of the white fabric has given it a fresh more modern touch:


Most of my projects just go into crates after they are published, kept safe for a trunk showing or to give away as a gift.  However, this one is destined for our bed. It will be very different to the burgundy Regency Stripe quilt I have on there at the moment!


As usual, I am in the middle of a number of projects at various stages of completion. A set of bright placemats is awaiting instructions, samples and templates. I used an orphan stitchery block on a bag yesterday and it just needs a button to be sewn on.  Then I've started the 2014 free block of the month project. It will be quite different to the Apples of Gold, Thoughts in Thread and Consider the Lilies of the last three years, but plenty of stitchery still of course. Whenever I have some spare moments, I am putting together a few items to sell at the Craft Retreat stall where I will be teaching Silk Ribbon Embroidery.  I love my "job"!

Happy stitching!
Val


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful pillow and bedrunner. And thank you so much for the new block of the month.
Carol O

Rosa said...

Congratulations,that`s a great news!!
Hope to do any of your BOM.This year I`m following your progress.Have a fun week and sell many items!

Carla Fiedler said...

Val, I understand your reticence about having yourself photographed, then published, but I'm glad you did! Your work is lovely; thank you for sharing it through your Block of the Month projects!

Regina vicentini said...

Olá minha amiga Val!
È sempre um enorme prazer apreciar os seus trabalhos, são deveras lindos!
Tenha uma ótima semana!
Um abraço!
Regina

Anonymous said...

You are one busy lady! When I saw that it was block 10, it suddenly hit me how fast this year has gone! Love your "cover girl" appearances, and that last project you showed is really appealing to me. Now I can hardly wait to see what 2014 brings!

Gayle said...

Gorgeous pillow and bed runner. Your work is so beautiful. I love reading patchwork and quilting, it is full of great ideas.