If you've been reading my blog posts for any length of time, you will know that I love applique. Many of my designs feature it, and mostly I have used the fusible web/blanket stitch method. You can see a post I wrote about that here.
However, I really do love the look of needleturn applique and after some initial very poor attempts, I discovered the glue pen/Appliquick method a couple of years ago.
I needed a "sitting down and taking it easy" thing to do last week, so out came the applique paper, my Appliquick tools and the glue pen.
I fused, cut, glued and turned over edges ...
... and refilled the glue pen .... and again ... and again, till I had a heap of prepared shapes.
I didn't feel like doing much else last week so sat and relaxed and watched a movie, or the tennis, or cricket which gave me plenty of opportunity to attach the shapes to the background.
and so my row quilt is growing.
I made a row of Dresdens a few weeks ago and it's all quilted ready to join up to the other rows:
While plums were cheap, I did some preserving:
... and thankfully I was able to buy some more Glue Pens!